Data science that makes sense
Are you trying to learn data science and statistics in R, Python or Stata? Check out our code samples, book & course reviews, & tech guides to start building your knowledge today!
Our Recent Articles
The Latest from the World of Data Science
- How to Create Publication-Ready, Formatted Summary Statistics and Correlation Tables in R to Export to Excel or WordWhether you’re a professional Data Scientist, experienced academic researcher or a student learning the basics of data science, skills in creating publication-ready tables and graphics are essential. Visually-appealing, clear and error-free tables can help enhance any report or presentation, and for some publications such as scientific articles or white papers,Continue reading “How to Create Publication-Ready, Formatted Summary Statistics and Correlation Tables in R to Export to Excel or Word”
- How to Set Up Your Home Office Up for Success: 5 Technology and Design Tips for Making the Most of Remote WorkIf there is one thing that has changed during the COVID-19 pandemic, it is the large-scale transition from working in an office building to working from home. Of course, with such a large percentage of people working from home, there was a substantial adjustment and adaptation period to the newContinue reading “How to Set Up Your Home Office Up for Success: 5 Technology and Design Tips for Making the Most of Remote Work”
- How to Create and Publish a Nested Pie Chart in R with the Plotly Package (aka a Pie Chart within a Donut Chart)One of the major strengths of R and RStudio is the vast collection of packages to accomplish all sorts of specific tasks and larger projects. Whether you are trying to conduct advanced statistical analysis and machine learning, scrape data from the web, or create publication-ready graphics and visualizations, chances areContinue reading “How to Create and Publish a Nested Pie Chart in R with the Plotly Package (aka a Pie Chart within a Donut Chart)”
- How to Enter and Win Data Science Competitions: 5 Insider Tips to Help You SucceedWhether you are just getting started in data science or have a wealth of experience, entering data science competitions is an excellent way to practice and demonstrate your skill with real world datasets. In the past few years, more and more organizations, companies and academic institutions have started offering contestsContinue reading “How to Enter and Win Data Science Competitions: 5 Insider Tips to Help You Succeed”
Browse our articles
Get the latest data science news and insider tips in your inbox
Our What is Data Science? page is a great way to start learning about data science. Be sure to get the right software by following our Installing Statistics Packages tutorial.
If you’re trying to run analyses in R, Python or Stata, check out our Basic Statistics How-To Guide with easy to understand code samples and helpful tips for each program.
For a more ways to learn about data science, read our reviews of the Top 5 Books to Learn Data Science and Statistics and our detailed listing of Online Data Science Courses.
Why data science?
There is never been a better time to learn data science and statistics! Data science is one of the fastest growing and most in-demand occupations, with flexibility to work from home or remotely. We truly believe that anyone can develop skills in this exciting new career path.
- Expand your data science knowledge
- Be more competitive on the job market
- Understand big data & scientific research
- Develop & create a project portfolio
- Grow your programming & analytical skills
The code samples on your site are really helpful. Thank you!
“Great Education Resources”
We really appreciate the awesome educational resources that are freely available.
“Helpful Book Ideas”
I’m really loving the informative and detailed reviews of statistics and data science books.
Get to know us better
Data Science Trends and Our Resources
new data science job openings projected by 2026
average salary for a data scientist in 2020
free code samples in R, Python, Stata and SPSS available
expert reviews published on data science and statistics books