Data science that makes sense
The Latest from the World of Data Science
- How to Create Publication-Ready, Formatted Summary Statistics and Correlation Tables in R to Export to Excel or WordWhether you’re a professional Data Scientist, experienced academic researcher or a student learning the basics of data science, skills in creating publication-ready tables and graphics are essential. Visually-appealing, clear and error-free tables can help enhance any report or presentation, and for some publications such as scientific articles or white papers, … Read more
- How to Set Up Your Home Office Up for Success: 5 Technology and Design Tips for Making the Most of Remote WorkIf there is one thing that has changed during the COVID-19 pandemic, it is the large-scale transition from working in an office building to working from home. Of course, with such a large percentage of people working from home, there was a substantial adjustment and adaptation period to the new … Read more
- How to Create and Publish a Nested Pie Chart in R with the Plotly Package (aka a Pie Chart within a Donut Chart)One of the major strengths of R and RStudio is the vast collection of packages to accomplish all sorts of specific tasks and larger projects. Whether you are trying to conduct advanced statistical analysis and machine learning, scrape data from the web, or create publication-ready graphics and visualizations, chances are … Read more
- How to Enter and Win Data Science Competitions: 5 Insider Tips to Help You SucceedWhether you are just getting started in data science or have a wealth of experience, entering data science competitions is an excellent way to practice and demonstrate your skill with real world datasets. In the past few years, more and more organizations, companies and academic institutions have started offering contests … Read more
Browse our articles
Get the latest data science news and insider tips in your inbox
If you’re trying to run analyses in R, Python or Stata, check out our Basic Statistics How-To Guide with easy to understand code samples and helpful tips for each program.
Why data science?
There is never been a better time to learn data science and statistics! Data science is one of the fastest growing and most in-demand occupations, with flexibility to work from home or remotely. We truly believe that anyone can develop skills in this exciting new career path.
- Expand your data science knowledge
- Be more competitive on the job market
- Understand big data & scientific research
- Develop & create a project portfolio
- Grow your programming & analytical skills
“Great Education Resources”
“Helpful Book Ideas”
Data Science Trends and Our Resources
new data science job openings projected by 2026
average salary for a data scientist in 2020
free code samples in R, Python, Stata and SPSS available
expert reviews published on data science and statistics books